Sunday, June 14, 2009

Target Groups

My target groups are making good progress with their stories. I have found it interesting that one group which has had a lot of group planning sessions and have joint plan, have written completely different stories. These guys definitely think quite differently.
I have asked the groups what they have enjoyed the most. They enjoy the 1 on 1 conferencing and like to share the online feedback they have had. They agree with some of the ideas and make some of the changes.
One area we are still having a struggle with is their editing skills. I'm sure kids don't see the point in punctuation and think we are simply nagging them. I'd love to have an easy way for them just to get the importance of editing in the writing process.
I am finding I need to get some of the students to dictate what they have written mistakes and all, just to get another draft online.

No comments:

Post a Comment