Monday, October 12, 2009

U Learn 09

During the school holidays 8 of the 2009 E Fellows met in Christchurch preparing to present our projects to ULearn delegates. This was a very enjoyable time - reconnecting with such amazing teachers from all levels NE - Y13. Although Deidre Senior had presented at the Reading Conference in Queenstown we were able to hear about her workshop and how she has hopefully encouraged some more teachers to use elearning in their reading sessions back in the classroom.
Although presenting is rather nerve racking and knowing I had to fill 90 minutes, it actually went very quickly and I became more confident as timee went on. I was glad the internet was working and very impressed with the delegates that could sign into my class blog left blog messages to my students on their writing. Unfortunately for the students at present our server is being updated so they have not had the opportunity to read the messages.
Over the week I attended several workshops all of which had very interesting ideas and some very useful resources which I am aiming to work into my class programme.
ULearn is a great place for teachers to really see whats going on in classes and make new connections with the online communities which can show us ways to use ICT elearning in our classes. Thanks CORE for organising it.

No comments:

Post a Comment