Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I have spent the day at school going through the resources we have relating to fairy tales. I also spent quite a bit of time working with our IT Tech discussing what would be the best and easiest way for the children to manage their wikis and blogs. We decided to have a page called Our Stories with each childs links to their blogs. What we think will be best is that the children will write their story, scan it and upload it as a PDF file. Our online audience will be able to view it but not make changes. They can then click on the childs blog link and blog their ideas, feedback and suggestions.I also found a hook that will lead into using our Inquiry focus on inventors and cars. I went to the Hamilton 400 Streetrace and bought the book 'Go Murph". This story is about Greg Murphy but written in a narrative using the car as the character. This story was written by students from Hamilton West School, so this is another form of motivation showing primary children can produce amazing stories. It also explains the research process which will blend nicely with our inquiry and our narrative.I have also found some very good webquests using fairy tales so I will link the sites to my class wiki.

No comments:

Post a Comment